In order to volunteer in the South Kitsap School District you are required to complete a Washington State Patrol background check. You can get the application form from the Main Office. You will need to sign the application in our presence and have a PHOTO ID (WA driver's license) with you when you submit your application. All volunteers must also provide proof of COVID vaccination to volunteer for the 2021-2022 school year. Once approved, your Volunteer Application/Background Check is valid for two years.
SKSD Volunteer Application
Visit the school office and request an application. Please take completed form (both sides) along with a valid picture I.D. to your local school to apply. Thank you!
Once your Volunteer Application/Background Check has been approved, you're ready to volunteer - in the library or classroom, on field trips, and for a variety of other volunteer activities! Be sure to come in to the Main Office to sign in and out each time you volunteer or visit our school.
We invite parents to:
- Chaperone (about 4 dances per year depending on student interest)
- Chaperone Field Trips
- Assist in the Library
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (usually early May)
- Help with Yearbook distribution (in June)
- Help with Book return/collection (at the beginning and end of school year)
- Administratively support teachers
- Please let us know if you have time to work with students in classrooms during normal school hours.