Behavioral Expectations, Rules and Policies
Student Conduct Policy
Rules that establish types of misconduct pursuant to this section must have a real and substantial relationship to the welfare of students and the lawful maintenance and operation of the school district including, but not limited to those enumerated below:
- Disobedience to reasonable instructions of school authorities
- Immoral conduct
- Vulgarity or profanity
- Use or possession of tobacco
- Use or possession of alcoholic beverages, drugs, narcotics, controlled substances, or substances represented as mind altering or behavior altering substances not prescribed by a physician.
- Destruction or defacing of school property
- Extortion or intimidation of another student or a staff member Sexual harassment of another student or staff member
- Demonstration of a gang membership or affiliation / activities
Assault of another student or staff member
- Possession or use of any dangerous weapon or object, and
- The commission of any criminal act as defined by law.
The district shall incorporate these statements of misconduct into their written rules and make the rules available to parents and students each year. Each school may add other rules regarding student conduct which are appropriate to the age of the students, grade level, program and physical facilities of the school.
Reference SKSD Policy 3240.